Snake or replace your sewer line ?
Sometime unexpected things happen. You wake up in the morning and realize that you have a clogged sewer line. No shower, no toilet and no kitchen. It is frustrating. No you get on the phone and try to call a plumber and many plumbers might give you their opinion, but which one is the right choice for your situation. Well it all depend what condition is your sewer line in.
- You might have cracked sewer line where the roots grow from the joints.
- You might have a sewer line that has never been maintained before.
- What kind of sewer pipe you have installed? Clay? Orangeberg ? ABS (plastic )
- If you have a clay pipe that has never been maintained before and there is only small amount of root intrusion, then proper snaking or hydro jetting will take care of your issue.
- You might have a Orangeberg pipe, then you must need to replace that sewer line because working on Orangeberg pipe is prohibited by law and there are no parts available.
- If you have a cracked or broken clay pipe then you need to replace that sewer line.
- If you have ABS sewer line installed than whoever installed that sewer line, didn’t install it properly, because the plastic pipes are joint less and roots cant get in.